Main Article Content
The present article discusses the impact of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis on the global development, and challenges and opportunities which can be translated into a second chance for government to accelerate development, if they take advantage of new opportunities or bring fresh attention to previously neglected issues. The above topics are analyzed on the example of Georgia.
The article shows the main effects of the outbreak. The study identifies several unique opportunities offered by the post-crisis era to the Government, such as:
• Fast Changing Geography – Following the crisis, there will be fundamental changes to how people across the globe interact and trade.
• Modernized Trade & supply chains – The COVID-19 pandemic exposed several gaps in the supply and demand chains.
• New Market opportunities – The country needs to do more to bolster trade with its existing partners and move into new markets.
• Innovative approaches – The near global lockdown in response to COVID-19 has stimulated sectors to embrace technology and innovation at an unprecedented level.
• Importance of resilient international cooperation – International assistance will be equally important in the crises and post-crisis period.